1) Canvassing in any matter for securing admission shall render a candidate disqualified
2) Eligibility rules as specified for each course shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstances. Candidate should satisfy himself / herself that he / she fulfil the eligibility requirements prescribed for the admission to the concerned course of the study.
3) Candidates awaiting result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission with the clear understanding that their selection will be entitled to admission only if they fulfil all eligibility requirements of concerned course of study at the time of admission.
4) Changes, if any, made in the admission rules and / or in the eligibility criteria from time to time shall be applicable to candidates seeking admission in the TISS even after notification.
5) Application form shall not be transferred from one course of study to another under any circumstances.
6 ) A candidate whose qualifying examination is not recognized by this university shall not be eligible for admission. All such Application Forms / admissions shall be rejected / cancelled.
7 ) Application forms may be rejected if in case of the following
and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard. No relaxation in the last date shall be granted.
8) Admit card to appear in the Admission Test will be issued by the TISS only to those candidates whose application form, complete in all respects, has been received in the TISS on or before last date of application.
9 ) No admit Card will be sent by post. Admit cards will only be downloadable from the TISS website.
11) The candidate should ensure that he/ she has in his / her possession the proper Admit Card before he / she reaches the Test Centre.
12) The candidates should contact immediately the Office concerned where he / she submitted his / her Application Form in case of any discrepancy in the Admit card in order to avoid any last minute inconvenience.
13) TISS assumes no responsibility what so ever in the event of failure to report on the due date and time by the candidate for appearing in the Admission Test.
14) The medium of all Test Shall be English only. The Test paper syllabus are given on the TISS website.Visually challenged candidates appearing for test must bring their writers along with them.
15 ) PWD candidates must submit a written request for the same at least seven days before the scheduled date of the Test in the Office where they submitted their Application Form.
16) PWD candidates who have been provided with a writer may be given an additional time of 30 minutes of the Test duration.
17) The TISS reserves the right to make changes in the notified Admission Test Schedule.
18) In case, any candidate who does not meet the eligibility criteria prescribed for the concerned course of the study appears in the Admission Test, he / she shall be doing so at his / her own risk and cost, and if at any stages, it is found that the candidate do not fulfil the eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted, shall be cancelled.
19) No separate intimation letters will be sent to the candidates short-listed for PIT/PI. The lists of Candidates selected for admission will be displayed on the TISS Website.
20) The TISS may issue or display Waiting List in addition to the List of the selected candidates. NO Waiting List shall be displayed on the Website .A separate intimation letters will be sent to the candidates offered course through waiting List.
21) No correspondence shall be made to candidate not selected for admission. Similarly, the Application fee shall not be refunded.
22) Selected candidate shall be allotted course / Branch / Main Subject / Specialization on merit as per their preference indicated in the application Form. A candidate who has been selected for higher preference will have no claim for lower preference.
23) All admission shall be provisional.
24) Selected Candidates shall not be allowed to complete admission formalities in absentia.
25) Candidates not reporting for admission on the stipulated date and time, shall forfeit his / her claim for admission. The offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
26) No candidate shall be admitted unless he / she has completed all the eligibility requirements at the time of admission. Candidates awaiting results of their Supplementary / Improvement examination shall not be considered for admission.
27) Candidate is required to produce the original Mark sheets / Certificates, including the statement of the marks qualifying examinations with the requisite percentage of marks at the time of reporting for admission, failing which he / she shall not be allowed to complete the admission, and the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no further correspondence in the matter shall be entertained.
28) Mark sheet / Grade sheets / certificates downloaded from the Internet shall not be accepted at the time of admission.
29) The candidate selected for admission shall have to deposit the attested photo copy of qualifying examination in the Office at the time of Admission.
30) No candidate shall be eligible to peruse a full time course of study if he / she is already admitted to any full – time course of study in TISS.
31) Candidates perusing any full time course of study is required to get his/ her name removed from the rolls of the University / College / Institution where already admitted, and submit a certificate to this effect from the concerned authority at the time of reporting for admission to the course (including evening Courses and Professional Courses under Centre for Professional courses ) for which he / she may have been provisionally selected.
32) Candidates enjoying employed status and selected for admission to any full – time course of study in the university, are required to produce leave sanction / relieving order at the of admission from their employer for the duration of the course permitting them to peruse their studies at TISS, failing which the offer of admission shall stand withdrawn.
33) The candidate selected for admission shall have to submit the Original Migration Certificate from the Head of the Institution / University last attended at the time of admission. Candidate who is not in the position to submit the Migration certificate at the time of admission, shall give an undertaking on prescribed Proforma to submit the same by December 30, 2018 failing which the TISS reserves the right to cancel his / her admission.
34) The university reserves the right to get any student medically examined and if found medically unfit, the admission of such students will be cancelled.
35) If any error / omission in the processing / verification of certificates / documents of a candidate is detected after the candidate is admitted to a course in the TISS, the TISS has the right to cancel such admission at any stage at which error / omission is deducted.
36) If it is found, at the stage, that a candidates,
a) doesn't not fulfil the eligibility requirements
b) has used fraudulent means to secure admission
c) has made false or incorrect statements in the application form.
has not singed / marked thumb impression on the application form or somebody else has done so on his / her behalf.
He / She shall not be allowed to complete the admission formalities, or in case already admitted, his / her admission shall be cancelled, ipso, fact
37) In case, of cancellation of admission by a candidate, after the closing date of admissions, the Application fee paid by him/ her will not be refunded.
38) Answer sheets and other relevant material pertaining to the Admission Test of all candidates and Application Forms of all the non – admitted candidates will be weeded out after 04 months of the Closing Date of Admissions. Therefore, in case of any dispute regarding admission, the matter must be filed within 04 months of the closing date of admission after which the relevant records may not be made available.
39) The closing date for all admission in the TISS, except those courses / categories for which separate notification will be made. Any vacancy arising after the date of enrollment of the candidate in any course shall not be filled.
PAYMENT OF FEES :
40) Fees for all semester are to be paid at the State Bank Of India, anywhere in India through the Power Jyoti Account.
Refund of Fees :
41 A) No refund will be made in case of duplication of application forms.
41 B) No refund will be made if once submitted the application form and later deleting or not appearing for any courses
41 C ) If a student chooses to withdraw from the program of study in which he/she is enrolled,the institution concerned shall follow the following four-tier system for the refund of fees remitted by the student .
*Inclusive of course fees and non-tution fees but exclusive of caution money and security deposit)
In case of (1) in the table above ,the HEI concerned shall deduct an amount not more than 10% of the aggregate fees as processing charges from the refundable amount .
(2) Fees shall be refunded by all HEIs to an eligible student within fifteen days from the date of receiving a written application from him/her in this regard.
42) Receipt for deposits should be carefully preserved and returned at the time of leaving the Institute for refund.
43) Permanent employees of the Institute, their spouses and any two children, are exempted from payment of tuition fees to undergo any teaching programme in the Institute. This exemption will not be applicable to self-financing courses.
44) Rules regarding deferment for students admitted to the Mater's Degree Programmes:
Deferment of admission to the next academic year will be permitted only before commencement of the academic session,on genuine grounds,as deemed acceptable by the institute .
No student admitted to any Master's Degree Programme will be permitted deferment of admisson to the next academic year,after commencement of the session .Admission will be cancelled for the student who wish to take the deferment from the prograame once the Institute reopens for the new academic year.They will be required to re-apply and go through the entire process of admission again.
Admission will not be deferred for students who drop out after commencement of the academic session.
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser